Saturday, December 13, 2014

2014 HEADIES AWARD. NEXT RATED AMONTONAMIENTO!

My discrepant affair with the tv doesn’t make my restless self sit half an hour glued to the screen but my woozy love for music has me to scroll different channels for quarter the hour before hitting the hard conclusion for which music station to kiss my eyes to. News or soccer aint my thingy, Hip tv serves me the trio spiced meal of sports, celebrity life, musical video and all. I literally forget to eat when I am engrossed.
The wave of the moment being our annually celebrated Naija grammy awards “The Headies” with the central clamour as the “Next Rated” award category. We all have our phalanges crossed (anatomy jargon – I meant fingers) for who rides home the gold crafted plaque of Sound Sultan’s head in a brand new saloon car. The world is bound to the revolving law of nature hence the intensity of advancement in every phase of life. (Technology, Entertainment, etc.) Daily exponential rise in musical production has made the entertainment cycle a highly competitive pool to toss into else one gets drowned and forgotten. To think I won the straight bet of Sean Tizzle as the Next Rated artist last year, I dare not attempt such this year - with the specie of nominees that threw lost in battle of choices. Yes! The sky, they say is broad enough for birds to flock, the waters’ enough abode for fishes to swim without clash while the earth is abundant enough for plants to be green;- yet in this same limitless world of ours is the beeping pulse of competition which every second reminds you of the race to ace.

Femi Daniel’s sonorous tone re-echoes the list of nominees in my head, I still in over a month cannot decide who my take would be. Thus took me on a flight to Spain via dictionary airlines to buy a word or phrase best suited for the Next Rated award category. It was quite expensive first finding a word out of my vocabulary junk then bargaining for its synonym in Spanish. “Cluster” as a context that I’ld device to describe this was sourced from my BST 401 reading manual. This refers to a statistical method of sampling where a cluster of homogenous units or species is selected for study observation. No blame me abeg, I read the carryover course like my life depended on it and worked the calculus the whole mosquito feasted night. You see it is hard to recover from such.
Rather than straining my exam battered brains any further to start speculating who my Next Rated would be, I just found my right term for the situation and twinned it into Spanish “AMONTONAMIENTO.” An exact synonym for “CLUSTER” which can be said as a pile or variety of objects. The objects in question here being not ordinary, but individual vessels of Naija’s very versatile artists.
Hey! Before you ask what my own is in this matter. I am not paid for this and I should remind you that I am a full breed young Naija babe with my heart in music as every other youth’s. I own a voice to be heard and my opinions possess a ground. Free me make I yarn my mind! (I am just freestyling) I will tell you what I feel, the comment box is yours to share your thoughts :- “NEXT RATED AMONTONAMIENTO!” If you are getting the gist, what I am saying here about the Next Rated category of the Headies award is that it is a richly clustered nominee content which from my own point of view threw me into battle of choices as I earlier stressed. I don’t know about you, you sure might have dotted your own preference but I should tell you that all the nominees were from my box of preference. I have nothing less than 3 each of their tracks on my favourite playlist. Exactly the point I am stressing!


My catchy choices like the colours of rainbow. Shall we begin from OREZI.  Awesome follower and so sleek artist with about a dozen of hit singles that do not escape party scenes. Have I mentioned his sizzling videos where my wack self learns dance steps form.i am of the opinion that he was long overdue to have being the Next Rated sef. The car will do just good while he cruizes.


Whayasay! PATORAKINGFIRE ever blazing Alubarika crooner. That skinny nigga spits fire in great tune. He has in his moment of reign been very productive. He is as a plant growing into a strong oak. Watch out for him. I can like to put Girlie O remix on repeat now. BOOMBA!

Our Tangerine sugar YEMI ALADE of whom I can say is a raw talent from the cores, bestowed lady with energy and vibes so rare of an average woman. You wan lie say you dey dance “Johnny?” She has relentlessly been stirring the dance world with hot jamz and speaking of personality, I think the dance-hall queen is amazing.

Top rated next rated RUNTOWN!  Yes he is running this town! How more vivid? Tracks that will have you rocking limblessly, videos that will make you forget Hollywood. Vast talent just diffusing into the surface. Hope we will be able to contain to contain him in then future!

Oya shake body! If by the viral rate of the dance track which unborns even shake to, then SKALES should be riding the new car home and just grace his shelf with the Headies jeje. That young man had been there and not shaken, answering to the roll-call of Naija talents. So please fellas what are we talking about here.

All these were personal thoughts orchestrated into writing, I do not know what side of the flag you wave but as for me I will vote all the nominees if chanced. That is to say that they are all worth it. I wont nurse any biased feeling for whoever amongst the penta wins Walahi.

PS- This write-up is subjected to criticism as regard the criteria for winning the Next rated award which I do not reserve in-depth knowledge about and do not care. (Na my own I sha don talk – Freedom of expression abi?) I wrote all out of my preference box for’em all…… Shoutout to the conglomerate of brains that made up the nominee list.


5 comments:

  1. This is as unbiased as they come really and quite insightful too. Senorita Sa'eedah had to go all Spanish on us though... Hehe, I didn't even try to pronounce the word.

    To business now, it's PatoDragon all the way. He's way too hot for the other guys. Orezi comes in at a respectable second place, followed by Runtown.

    I'm still trying to figure out why Yemi is on this list though. I thought it's for guys that haven't dropped an album yet and I think she dropped her album some months back... Help me out here.

    And yeah, Scales? OYA SHAKE BODY at the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh! Saeedah! Pity us wey no sabi english na! Nywayz dis ur campaign up here is tight *2Phalanges in d air sistur* omo! D nominess are tightttttt.
    Orezi 4 real is long over due,nigger is as old as my stay in lautech lol!
    PatorankingFire le dancehall baba!me love him very long long!
    Oh my runtown! I keep telling anybody that cares to listen "I don't knw why,I just luv dis dude" my vote goes 4 him only if I can't vote 4 dem all *straight face*
    Yemi Alade nd skales they good,but I'm indiff jare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Headies this time is as complicating as your sexy spanish word (anything spanish is sexy to Mide), I don't know...
    SKALES has always been my man, after everything, he's still grinding, I want him win.. *its ohk*
    PATOFIRE!! Mehn, that's tight! That wonderful singer I'm planning to steal his height...
    Ah! YEMI ALADE?? That voice, that charisma, those songs and creative videos with fashion features that catches my eyes...
    RUNTOWN whose vibes is running the city, I'll call him #RunCity who is got this wonderful sense of collabos...
    And OREZI, our own 9ja_Alhaji always giving my DJ friends songs to feed their hungry stomachs, lol whose videos has been helping dance-dumbs like y'all *sowi moi*...
    So, I DON'T KNOW, let's wait and see who is gonna lie flat on the floor this time as Sean Tizzle did when he bagged his.
    Nice one Baby Imam,, *takes cover* sure I've got bullets dashing at me, lol. NICE ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good use of words on your “NEXT RATED AMONTONAMIENTO” I feel it a tight one to decide from. But my heart does give it to Orezi. Good one

    ReplyDelete