Wednesday, September 18, 2013

THE BEST THING I NEVER HAD

Beyonce sang hers in blossom smiles
of one bad thing it was best she never had
I wrote mine in quaking sobs
for one good thing i have never had
The piano obeyed the harmonics in the song
My throat fought hard to gulp down my tears

In times i have sat to think
In times i have reasoned
In times i have assumed
In times i have spoken
In times i have questioned
In times i have made noise



And now i have been numb
far worse, too mute.....





 Anomalous reflection of weakness and strength in my solemn cries
Forced understanding to brace up the ruins of my shatters
Oversight of jeopardy welcomed in brisk courage
Yet blinking hope of better reign



Do not brood in my melancholia cos its mine
This is just a piece of my furnaced heart
written out in "black and white"
to express that ONE thing i have never had in my
whole double figure number of years
but someday soon i hope to own........smiling still:)




4 comments:

  1. I really don't know the planet you came from...your words have the power to give life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A genuine genius....nice one dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wumi Akinola OmogbolahanMay 11, 2014 at 4:23 PM

    I jst dey always trip fr u gal. Keep it up n wish u all d best in life

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image did it for me... Hope you find what you seek soon enough.

    ReplyDelete