Wednesday, October 15, 2014

DO NOT KILL US NO MORE OH GOD! [for ONLY God kills and breathes life….]



Whoever read one of my long posts on here about the death-count in the year 2013 or the elegy I wrote about my sister Taye, would either not open this link at all or just tag me a “death-writer” if eventually he/she did. This can be perceived from how you are hastily scrolling your eyes away from this preamble part to see what I got in mind to drop this time. I can hear the question in conc Igbo pigin….”say who die again!!!

This is not aimed to be long cos I gotta rush back to my Advanced Endocrinology textbook   [exams ‘got me at the moment]. Trust me I would have made you go 4/5 pages as usual bet no time. How ever way you want to digest this, either by finding a chair to grace your butts or to just stand hear me out like watching your favourite game and listening to the commentary (would prefer that) – lets just get into this together.

The bold verb in my theme already blew the trumpet (I say this all the time), I can hear all the deep sighs and hiss like “say what you have to say joor.” What if I told you that after my 2013 tale of loss and the 3rd April grief of my sister which I can never forget, I have yet counted three more souls down the lane. My aunt’s passing away which seconded our family tragedy, a friend whom the whole 400 level Accounting department of Lautech yet mourns since week past Jibola and Anti Ronke in my area of blessed memories who sells me weavons and cosmetics. Here we are! I will spare you the details of these deceased persons neither would I shoulder being bereaved alone. I know there are people out there reading this piece who have sure lost a soul or more, it doesn’t have to be a direct relation but just a person you recognize. Mind you I am not the only one who knows even these people I lost, they are someone’s brothers, sisters, friends, lovers and children too so you see I am not alone.

Please pinch me on the wrist this is becoming long! What I meant to talk to you about can be clearly expressed form one of my weird imaginary pictures. Everyone who has seen the least of a scene in a play station soccer game before will get this right. I am not a fan of soccer neither the game itself but I have obsessed brothers and friends who made me uninterestingly catch a glimpse so I stand corrected to whatever lame term I use here. I just need you to feel me!

There is this arrow that points on the players’ head like a cursor when one wants to make a pass right? That remains the only element I succeeded in sticking to my brain from the game and that’s why it became a significant subject of description in this write up today. Ok I hope you already know what I am referring to? It’s not what I know well like Biology and Grammar, my bad for not making proper research before hitting this page. I only trusted that you’ll have my back on this. Pls let’s just call it a “Cursor” (I still stand corrected).

Upon everyone’s head (including you and I), I had a picture of this “cursor” like an invisible or spiritual sight. This cursor in my world of imagination serves as a “live indicator” -- a digital pointer of life upon everyone of us. This cursor upon my late friend’s head sure must have been beeping in countdown to his death day, while I imagined that on the new born’s head to be full and green with life but the one on you and I’s head we do not know its status. *sighs* Shall we then not ask who is next but pray to God the giver and taker of life never to kill us no more. Remember the lost ones were part of us and it is God alone who can KILL. I am not of the thinkers that men can kill. I just always wish we could live forever….

Recite your verses of His protection, mercies and grace. Kiss me distinctions in my final papers.

       
                                                                                                                  Love Always!
                                                                                                                  Sa'eedah
                                                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                       

16 comments:

  1. May their souls rest in eternal peace and may we be among the living for many more years to come.

    Best wishes in your exams, barakallah fih. We missed you in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes in ur exam
    may their souls rest in perfect peace. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the constant and Continous sayiing that 'We shall all Die', I don't think anyone ever really gets prepared enough for the 'uninvited one'. Oh Allah, we beseech thee to raise the hammer no more. We want to live! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's Live Forever!!.. Even when we leave, let our work live! That's how we remain forever.. "Death is inevitable".. May the souls of the lost RIP... Best Wishes Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely write-up and great message too! Death for me is a debt everyone owes and must repay. No one is truly left out from this. The more reason we have to be kind to one another whilst we still alive. And live to appreciate every moment our 'cursor' is full of green. Cherio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice write up darling, but I think to say "GOD kill us no more" is a rather hypocritical statement. We all know death is an inevitable law of nature we all must bow to, I think we should all just pray that he grants us longevity, make our stay here worthwhile, help us to have positive impact in our immediate environment which inturn reflects in the society at large and most importantly help us attain his pardon in this life and hereafter! I grieve with u over the losses u've had to recount, I know what it's like to be crippled by the pain of loosing someone! We all should just learn to let love lead in all we do rather than our predisposed judgments! Keep up the good work darling! And I wish U distinctions in your exams! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using the word "kill" is in reverence of God whom alone can take lives......and that "no more" is aimed to be rhetorical as justified at the end that i only wish we were immortals. Might U shed more light on its 'hypocritic' context?

      Delete
    2. I was taking ur statement "GOD kill us no more" for its literal meaning n what is hypocritical about it is that we are professing on what we know can never be, but since u used the "kill" in a profound form of respect I guess that explains the tail end of the write up, but still using "no more" in rhetoric still means we are persuading for what can't be. That's what I meant!

      Delete
    3. Exactly my point, that's what the above entire piece aimed at buttressing,I was expressing our helplessness over death law. Pardon me if It came out wrongly, I was just expressing my opinion.

      Delete
  7. Nice write up. But I also believe that God is a giver of life and He doesn't take life. When someone gets killed, it's because their steps were not ordered of God. God's plan for us isn't to die young. He wants us to prosper and be in health even as our soul prospereth also. He said we shall not die but live to declare the works of the Lord. Let us all walk closely in His purpose. Let Him be a lamp unto our feet and a light to our paths. We shall not die IJN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stand to flout this notion which appeared judgmental;- thus ask if the demise of these people wasnt wth God's knowledge or what? And who is right before Him enough to be alive if not for His unmerited grace. If its by walking flawlessly right wth Him who would be left alive even when sinless infants die? Only in His mercies are we prospering else we would have all died unripe if accounting by our ways wth Him. Pls do have a rethink and nearer unto Him for indepth of the Understanding of "Predestination" #Shalom

      Delete
  8. U shall not surfer lost soul lest U say of them that their ways wasnt in-tune wth God. Ur ways?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol I never said anything about walking flawlessly right. That's a notion from d pit of hell. The notion that ur "holiness" or "righteousness" is equivalent to ur walk with God. That's thinking carnally. I say again "their steps were not ordered of God" maening, they found themselves where God ddnt want them to be. Now how do u find urself where God wants u to be? It's not equivalent to ur "flawless righteousness". It's all abt lettn God take the lead nd listening to that tiny voice in ur spirit which some might call intuition or th "HolySpirit" u see now, I sed Holy Spirit. To have d Holy Spirit talking 2 u it means u av to be Spirit filled to start with and I'm talking abt listening to dt voice which means u av a choice to listen or not. Now that means that evn the most "spirit filled" ppl, which in d carnal sense are the "righteous" ppl,can find themselves not listening to that voice and finding themselves in a place where God doesn't want them to be. Where dey cld get killed, harmed or ill. Now I hope u are getting my drift.. so in my own context, ur steps being ordered of God simply means walking according to God's plan and purpose. Which rily has nufn to do wv who is holier than who bt just dt grace to let God have his way and at the sametym, slipping from that doesn't still make one a devil, we are only just human. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If to stretch further mam, these people werent killed.....they DIED through different routes as predestined by God......

      Delete
  10. "death-writer" indeed. Well,good you reminding us though.Death however in inevitable so we all just gotta do things while still here that would be remembered even when we are gone. For bible verses,i'll afew psalms and if fears and self-pity still exists,kindly visit your Pastor.

    ReplyDelete